måndag 6 augusti 2012

Marilyn Monroe

 

Hello Fashionistas,
Something just really popped up into my mind, and that idea was to do a blog post aout Marilyn Monroes dress. I mean I have seen a few pictures of her dresses. 

I actually do like the dress I mean one of the things that she got famous for was the picture you see above not the top top picture but the one below it, if you didn´t know that :)

I really like the picture with her and her dress.
Another thing I like is her hair how she curls it up and makes it nice. I think thats one of the thing that made everybody go WOW on her photo (I mean the dress and the hair), heres a portrait of her face. => => => => => =>

On the first picture of the dress I think its a little wrong because I think that the dress is WHITE.......
But it is kind of white I think its beige (I think).

If you look really close on the first picture you will see that there is a bow, and I really think that the bow is nice :)

Here are some facts that I found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_dress_of_Marilyn_Monroe. So if you want more facts about the dress click on the link!

The dress is a light-colored ivory cocktail dress in a style which was in vogue in the 1950s and 1960s. The halter-like bodice has a plunging neckline and is made ​​of two pieces of softly pleated fabric that come together behind the neck, leaving the wearer's arms, shoulders and back bare. The halter is attached to a band situated immediately under the breasts. The dress fits closely from there to the natural waistline. A soft and narrow self belt was wrapped around the torso, criss-crossing in front and then tied into a small neat bow at the waist, at the front on the left side. Below the waistband is a softly pleated skirt which reaches to mid-calf or below the calf length. There is a zipper at the back of the bodice, and tiny buttons at the back of the halter.
                                          END OF FACTS :)

Ok I think I will go to the ratings :) 
I rate this dress...... HMMMMMM.............


I rate this dress ......... 9/10 WOOHOO 

Bye Bye :)
XOXO,
Emelie

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar